Wednesday, May 7, 2008

"Great," I said, as I heated up some day-old coffee. "Now my coffee is going to taste like microwave popcorn."
Andrew stared at me for a moment before stating confidently, "Wow. Unemployment suits you."

I've almost been here for two weeks, and I'm still trying to find a job. However, I'm now a card-carrying member of an employment agency...and I applied for EI. This is pretty much cripplingly demoralizing, but also kind of hilarious.

It's hit me that I actually moved here and that I'm probably not going back any time soon. This feeling is possibly the result of spending $153 that I don't actually have on cheap Swedish furniture, but hey: my room is one fine looking room.

Most of my time has been spent madly searching for a job, but I've also been working on my zine (slowly and infrequently). It should have been done months ago, but I'm a lazy bastard, I guess. Also, I have a stack of books that I've irrationally promised myself I'll read by the end of the summer.

Once I procure an inexpensive camera, expect self-indulgent picture-posts showcasing my awesome secondhand yellow bicycle and the other things that are making Torontonian life worth it.

Until then, paix, mes amis.

No comments: