Monday, January 11, 2010

i'm ready for an adventure.

The past three days have been the best days of my year so far. And yeah, the year just started, but I think this is significant anyway.

So what have I been up to?

1.) Making coffee at home, to save money. This is my usual ritual:
-Put the coffee grinds in my 1-cup French press. I drink 10 000 Villages Fair Trade Peru Dark Roast, and sometimes various Intelligentsia beans from Manic Coffee
-Add a sprinkle ground cloves and 1 tsp ground cinnamon
-boil ze water
-brew for exactly 3.5 minutes
---->simultaneously, i heat up about an inch of soymilk and a splash of vanilla extract
-pour the coffee into the soymilk/vanilla mix
-DRINK UP! It's like delicious Mayan chocolate. Without the chocolate.

2.) Drawing. I've accomplished so much in the past 3 days! Cover for my next zine, 3 complete illustrations, 3 illustrations underway. How is that possible? Well, I haven't been called into work, and I've been acknowledging that I love hanging out by myself. It's so satisfying to sit in my room, drawing whilst...

3.) ...Listening to This American Life. I know I'm the last person on this bandwagon, but I don't even care because I've fallen so deeply in love. This weekend alone: 9 hours of TAL.

4.) Applying for a residency. Don't want to get too into detail, because I don't wanna get my hopes up.

5.) An excellent 59-minute phone conversation with Cat.

6.) Going to a sweet knitting group. I am getting pretty darn good at knitting.

7.) Plotting several textile projects. Eeee.

And now: back to packing my stuff up and trying to get in line with Academia. Note the capital A. Eeesh.

1 comment:

catherine anne said...

Aw man, you are so awesome! This summer will rock gabbro rocks--my favourite, after potassium feldspar. Also, your coffee recipe makes me want to be able to drink coffee.