Wednesday, July 22, 2009

weekends away

Today is my day off.

It's 5:33 and I'm too coffee-jittery. I drank two really great coffees today, so thick and oily that they sparkled (even when I added soymilk) but now I'm paying the price. My insides are all chattery and impatient. Adding to my general discomfort: I put on Paris Je T'aime hoping for some background noise but just got drawn into all the sad plots. I don't think I really like it. It seemed awesome when I saw it at the Broadway whenever it came out, but now...not so much. I like the one with the Spanish-speaking mom-nanny, but it's ungodly depressing. And the one with the little dead cowboy...but that's also depressing. I guess I am just not into sad stuff right now.

What problems!

Just kidding. It's really my fault for not using my day off more productively. I knit a few rows of the sweater I'm working on but that's about it. And got a new bank card. And went to therapy. I read Be Good in the tub. Wrote Maranda a letter and posted it. Maybe it wasn't so unproductive after all?

Last night I slept exceptionally well. My room was exactly the right temperature and pitch and I drifted off snuggled against CB. When he woke up and left for work I slept for another hour. I prefer sleeping in together, but this was a close second. Anyway, after an hour I got up and had bran flakes with soy milk and raisins (I pried them out of three of those little red boxes they come in: raisin fiend). And that oily delicious coffee I mentioned earlier.

My posts are always so mundane. I think mundanity makes me nice and calm, a good antidote for all the anxiety I have. "Mundanity" is not a word, and I think that's a problem.

Anyway...I hope everyone's doing well. Now it's time to put some food into my belly.

xoxo

1 comment:

catherine anne said...

You'll read the map and I'll do all the drivingggg....
I really like the "mundanity" of your posts, meaning that in the best way possible. Such beautiful little details (and good god do I ever love sleep and food!).