Wednesday, May 27, 2009

a nightmare + the end of the academic year

I had a really terrible nightmare last night. Or maybe it just seemed terrible because I rarely have nightmares. Anyway, the details are vague now, but I do remember a rooftop party, a girl going missing, and sneaking away from the party when cops and ambulances showed up. I didn't know why I was leaving. I was afraid they would think I did it (not sure what).

The dawn approached, and I found Alison on the empty streets of Broadway. Blood was running into all the storm drains, flowing red. I asked in a tiny voice what happened, and she said "Everyone with running water has seen it this morning. Her blood." I felt so afraid and I asked Alison to hold my hand. She did and we walked up Main street. I wondered why I had left, and if they were going to think I killed her. Alison's hand was reassuring in mine. I could hear sirens in the background.

I awoke, shaking. My bare arms were very cold. I woke CB and whispered "I had a nightmare, can you please hold me?" He was still mostly asleep, but complied. Wasn't able to shake the feeling until the alarm went off at 6:40.

Tomorrow will be my last exam at school. I'm very much looking forward to this. My friend Michela and I studied for four hours this morning. I've done all the stuff necessary for CB and my trip to NYC, and am feeling much calmer than I did this morning. Right now I can't imagine anything better than going to museums and bookstores and zine libraries and vegan restaurants with my CB.

xoxo
cbl

1 comment:

catherine anne said...

claraaaa you never update your blog anymore! Plz rectify asap! But seriously, I love reading your blog and miss it.