Monday, May 11, 2009

the middle of things

Ah, school. I dislike it so much, yet it follows me around like a wheezing puppy I can't ignore. Actually, I think I'd much prefer a wheezing puppy to school, but I certainly wouldn't have the cash to pay for its vet bills. Anyway, one paper and three finals to go.

This weekend was TCAF, but I honestly spent very little time there, which is a bit of a downer. It happens every two years, I suppose, but I would've enjoyed going to some readings and panels. However, I had a pretty wonderful weekend anyway. CB and I slept in super late, ate falafel, were the hapless victims of an insane, unexpected thunderstorm, then came back to my house where he patiently sat next to me and kept himself occupied while I typed away at an essay. We ate pad thai at Jean's Vegetarian Kitchen (don't worry, I specified "no eggs") and returned, quietly keeping each other company until I decided to stop for the night and we fell asleep like exhausted kittens.

It sounds kind of...normal, I guess, but it was actually a really lovely time. What I'm looking forward to even more is when we can spend time together but I won't be doing school work. When we can chill and do creative stuff. CB is a top-notch person. For real. Risking sounding mushy, my day is always best when he's a part of it.

Anyway. It's time to get ready for work, if I don't want to be late, which...naturally I don't. By the way, I'm thoroughly enjoying the company I have at work, in particular two amazing individuals who laugh at my ridiculous and often nonsensical jokes and in turn tell equally ridiculous ones for me to giggle at.

Remind me to tell y'all about my hilarious Star Wars: A New Hope dream later.

xoxo
cbl

No comments: