Tuesday, December 2, 2008

right this way to the museum of love

Today I sang "Alison" by Elvis Costello. With relatively little irony.
ALISON, I miss you. Also, I heard you let that little friend of mine take off your party dress.

Snerk snerk snerk.

In excellent news, my work contract has been renewed, so I don't have to face employment-related anxiety over winter break. I'm taking two weeks to go visit my parents and friends.

My drawings have been bad lately. The shoulders. Always the shoulders, where the shoulders really connect to the arms. I never feel as if I got it quite right...like I've somehow just lied and cheated my way to making it look alright when it does turn out.

Everything I've written and thought has been fragmented, too.

But in general, things are good. I have security (for now) in my job. I have a favourite Vietnamese restaurant (with two things I can actually eat on the menu). The zine I contributed to is for sale in actual comicbook stores in Toronto (two of my favourites!). And of course, my friends are wonderful as always.

Sorry that I use parentheses so much.

1 comment:

catherine anne said...

I'm so glad your contract got renewed! What a relief, at least I imagine. I am very very excited for you to come visit, and proud of you (except without the condescending aspect) for your zines! (oh, and I use parentheses incessantly, I find it works well for the scatterbrain in me).
<3