Thursday, December 11, 2008

what is the light


I feel more and more tired every day, which likely has something to do with goodbye parties and wine and mimosas and sleepovers. I just have to get through this weekend moderately alive. Come on team come on.
Vanessa and I saw Wilco and Neil Young, and it was awesome. Wilco didn't rock nearly as much as I expected them to, but they did play "Company in my Back" and "I'm the Man Who Loves You", which was really good enough. Neil rocked out, but not in an embarrassing Mick Jagger (i.e. wizened strutting peacock) kind of way. Just really pure, as cheesy and idealistic as that sounds.
I got a cellphone. Or rather, Vanessa is moving, so I'm taking over hers for nine months. It takes me half an hour to send a text message. My ringtone is the Star Wars themesong. Badass.
Lately I've been listening to the Flaming Lips' The Soft Bulletin and it's perfect for the weather/time/etc.
I am pretty happy and I don't have trouble sleeping much anymore.

2 comments:

catherine anne said...

ohhhh "i'm the man who loves you" is so epic. This might sound creepy, but I'm glad that you can sleepy (fuckeepy?), and hear hear to the tiredness. see you soon!

cheepcheep said...

Allll I can see is black and white and white and pink with blaaaades of blue...
It IS epic.
So excited to see you!