Sunday, March 8, 2009

before we knew it

I'm in a super nostalgic mood today. Oh brother.

Lately I've found myself missing lots of people lately, particularly the very special and unique friendship I am lucky enough to share with Alison and Cat. Remembering the three of us at the Living Room or walking to J.S. Wood singing Tom Petty songs or driving in the green sedan to Jerry's for sorbet and then the Weir, shrieking with laughter.

These two women are so important. I wish I could properly convey that to you all. And I think we are made better by hanging out with one another. Sure, we're all cool girls on our own, but somehow we're better and brighter together. We are, as Vonnegut would say, of the same karass. Spring is coming and I know that around this time last year we were running down Lansdowne, no sweat sneakers hitting the snow-melty pavement, giggling like hell. I love those girls.

I also have been having some little pangs for other feelings that were developing around this time last year via Canadapost. Yeah...listening to MGMT and MIA and elaborately drawing monsters in shirts and ties on parcels. Before that other dude came along.

Oh, and I have it on good authority that at least two of my exes read this blog, which is sort of embarrassing, but more so for them, I think.

This is a really busy month for me. Lots of essays, etc. to finish. And lots of involvement! I'm going to a teach-in that No One Is Illegal is putting on and plan on attending their meetings more regularly. Also, *fingers crossed* I might be doing some art for a cool store I frequent. AND! Food Not Bombs.

Last night, after a big day of International Women's Day madness, I went to Dance Cave with my roommate and friend Jen and met up with some other good folks. Age of Consent came on and I dragged everyone to the dance floor, even though it wasn't the "cool" time to dance yet.

Doodle doo do d-d-do do do d-do...woooon't you please take me home...

Felizia and I went for brunch today. I made friends with this really great couple and mentioned to them that I have an irrepressible love of fake '50s diners, but can never find satisfying vegan options there. They referred me to Sadie's, this fantastic place on Adelaide and Portland. It has the perfect combination of total kitsch, great vegan food, and totally affordable prices. I can even go there for BRUNCH, an amazing meal which is too often only for omnivores and vegetarians. Felizia, a fairly hardcore meat-eater, also enjoyed it. We've agreed that it will be the Numero Uno Post-Hangover Destination.

And now: goodnight. There are more adventures to be had tomorrow, and with each passing day I know we are closer to spring.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Yes Yes Yes!

I think we need to seriously make a mini comics-publishing arm of our life. TOGETHER. NOW.

cheepcheep said...

Well dude...I'm in.

catherine anne said...

I need to read more Vonnegut (I loved slaughterhouse five, but that's the only thing of his I've read).

And you....need to update!
Fun fact: when I try to go to your blog, I sometimes type "cheepcheephack" cause the letters are close together.