Monday, June 16, 2008

blasphemy

I'm updating for once, mostly because Jen commonly utters the phrase, "Oh man, I can't WAIT for you to blog about this!".

That being said, not too much is noteworthy.

I was feeling not super great in the self-image department for the past few weeks, which was quickly getting to be a huge downer...until, as I walked home from work one night this week, I found a glorious treasure in someone's recycling that had been set out for pick-up: a 1980s rerelease of Our Bodies, Ourselves. Jen and I read it aloud for awhile and it was kind of awesome in its early-third-wave empowerment.

It's going to be my best friend for life.

Here's a list of things I'd like:

Glasses that never get dirty
Darker (or even existent) eyebrows
A full-time position at not-the-wine-store (this free bottle of wine every week is getting to me)
My imaginary friend from when I was five, whose name was Bowie (as in David Bowie)

Rock on, Captain Planet(s),

ctron

No comments: