Wednesday, March 24, 2010

not forests but gentle trees

Here's a factoid for you, tiny readership, which I will now ask you to help demonstrate:

How old are you?

What number sprung to mind when you read that? According to my (mumbles under breath) psychotherapist, if this number is not your actual age, it is often an indicator that part of you is stuck in a traumatic or momentous event that happened during the (inaccurate) year you instantly think of.

I find this fascinating and touching and mildly depressing.

Lately my head has been in my sketchbook and in the clouds. I've been having strange thrilling nerve-wracking dreams. I've been drawing my friends' faces and thinking about how I do and don't want to spend the summer outside of Toronto. I think it will be a good break, but I will miss it terribly. I have a problem with romanticizing whatever I've left or am leaving. Nostalgia addict.

Everything makes me anxious and/or excited these days.

No comments: